(Below is the transcript for this video.)
Hey this is Walter Perkins, the founder of www.transitionfromthemilitary.com and the author of From End of Active Service to Prosperity: Life Navigation and the Life Navigation Work Book. Today I am going to tell you about these books and why reading them might take the fear and confusion out of making major life changes, including making the transition from the military. These might be the only resources you’ll ever need-making it simple to live a life of joy and abundance.
What is From End of Active Service to Prosperity: Life Navigation? It is a story that tells of a young man, who has gotten frustrated with his life and plans drastic measures to take the things he believes he and his family deserve (Hint: He’s a former Marine who is having challenges while transitioning to civilian life.) In the process he has a chance encounter that helps him see that his only problem is in his perception.
Before we go any further, again, I will tell you my story. I’m a graduate from the University of South Carolina. Upon graduation I was commissioned a 2nd Lieutenant in the Marines. While in the Marines I excelled. I held command at the recruit training depot (MCRD) at Parris Island, S.C. I was selected to and completed Amphibious Warfare School (AWS) in Quantico, VA and I commanded and deployed a Re-enforced Infantry Rifle Company to Kuwait. When I resigned my commission, I entered the civilian world proud, confident and excited. I immediately found a job. However, eighteen months later, without warning, I lost my job. Very soon I found myself broke, alone and despondent.
As a result of my drastic and unexpected fall, I had to find a solution to get me back on track. I found it. I applied it. And, now I am sharing it with you. That solution is Life Navigation; the five step plan that makes transitioning from the military child’s play. Transitioning is process, but when you know what you are doing you can have confidence; you can have fun; and you can approach life in a relaxed playful manner. Life Navigation is introduced and described in From End of Active Service to Prosperity and is thoroughly taught in the Life Navigation Workbook.
You are probably asking, “Well what is Life Navigation and how does it help me?” Those are good questions. Life Navigation is a very systematic strategy for living. It includes:
- Having a compass: A set of principles to use as your direction finding tool.
- Having a map: Developing and maintaining specific values.
- Conducting an Orientation: Determining your here and now reality and ensuring your compass and map are in alignment.
- Having a mission: Creating a personal mission statement.
- Stepping off: Taking actions that support your mission statement.
When you transition from active military duty to the civilian world, you are going to have to take action. More important, you have to take proper action. What is proper action? It’s action that follows accurate thought. Action without accurate thought leads to confusion and chaos. Action following accurate thought leads to clarity and success.
Order your copies of From End of Active Service to Prosperity and The Life Navigation Workbook now.
- You get instant access that allows you to get started immediately so that you can start taking the steps to live a life of joy and abundance.
- They come in an easy to read PDF format that allows you to read at your leisure, print and bound or copy to a portable device like and iPad; providing you the opportunity to read and re-read as often as you like wherever you like.
- It’s interactive. When printed the workbook has spaces to conduct fill-in-the-blank exercises that makes this a personal journal you can use over and over again.
Click on the product page in the upper tool bar and order now. Get on with living the life you desire and deserve to live.
Until next time:
- Believe you are worthy of the life you desire.
- Understand that there are greater forces at play in your life.
- Trust that these forces conspire with you to live a life of joy and abundance.
Oh yea. Don’t forget to subscribe to this site so you can get a series of free reports, starting with “The Truth About Making the Transition From Active Military Service to the Civilian Sector; As I Experienced It”.
Tell me what you think. Leave a reply.
P.S. Check out and pass on the following link to anyone you know who is making the transition from the military, who is having challenges with the transition, family members and friends.